Tuesday 7 June 2016

A Battle With Inner Barriers

Most of us fail to realize that there are numerous roadblocks or barriers in our life to our personal growth. Whenever we set out to attain an aim or goal, we collide with barriers or obstacles which resist us from reaching to the finishing point. These roadblocks can have an immense effect on our abilities and lead to positive transformations in our lives. 

There are a number of roadblocks in life that we face that prevent us from being successful or reaching our maximum potential. The major obstacles that we all face are of three types, personal roadblocks, social roadblocks, and environmental roadblocks. 


Personal Roadblocks:
The major roadblock most of us face are loosely defined goals. Without setting goals, we can never enhance our personal growth and development. This is the mistake most of us make thinking that we all already know what we exactly want. If we don’t have our goals defined clearly, what are the chances of us actually achieving them? Every one of us has dealt with fear at some point in our life. Fear is defined as an unpleasant emotion caused by the threat of danger, pain or harm. It can either make us or break us. There's something once my teacher told me that helps me get through everything, 

Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.
Danger and risks are a part of life, but it is up to us to be brave enough to face them or run away.

Social Roadblocks:

Social roadblocks are related to people around you who are uncooperative, inadequate, and incompetent and are not capable of fulfilling tasks assigned to them. In my life, I have come across or faced such people on every step. Most of the time I was unaware of the fact that these people always pushed me down and prevented me from rising up. A huge conundrum rose in my head on how to change my pessimistic environment. I tried my best to influence them and help them understand their desires and motives. But then I realized you cannot mold someone according to the life you wanted to sculpt. I made a decision and regardless of the fact they were my friends, I eliminated all the negative people who surrounded me. In order to obliterate the surrounding pessimism, I learned to surround myself with positive people and experiences. People who provide encouragement and make me feel good about myself which helps motivate me to do exceptional work. It doesn’t matter to me if I have one or two friends, instead of many. A man is not known by the number of people he is surrounded by, but by the type of people who surround him.


The most influential roadblocks are your personal or internal conflicts. They help you groom and develop your personality. I have learned that a person must be aware of all the obstacles and roadblocks he/she faces to evaluate their self-development. All of us should list out all the difficulties we ever faced and observe how they helped mould us into who we are today. Because every single step in life we take is a new experience,
We must not let anything every break us down or hold us back. Life is all about battles and it is you who makes your own destiny, so we must always remember to keep moving forward. I believe that the core ingredient for a person to excel in life is to believe in himself that he is capable of doing it. If one does not have faith or confidence in themselves, he/she can never accomplish goals that they desire to do so. As Walter D Wintle explained this in his beautiful poem “Thinking”:

If you think you are beaten, you are
If you think you dare not, you don't,
If you like to win, but you think you can't
It is almost certain you won't.

If you think you'll lose, you're lost
For out of the world we find,
Success begins with a fellow's will
It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you are outclassed, you are
You've got to think high to rise,
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.


Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man,
But soon or late the man who wins
Is the man WHO THINKS HE CAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment